Sunday, January 30, 2011

Jan 30, 2011

Worked last night....

Training:

Hiked 3 hours on Green Mtn with 30lb pack....Kona.....and a TIRE (40 lbs).





Thoughts:

I worked with a friend of mine to really get a organized training schedule. Feels good to get it logged in to my training log. One day at a time!

If you ever want to have everyone you pass on a trail talk to you (or look at you funny)..... Have a pink monkey (my daughters) on your backpack and carry a tire. No doubt! People would walk/ride by with their mouths open in ahhhh, more like "What the fuck?" I had to laugh sometimes. I was surprised at how difficult it was to carry that damn thing....especially the last 2 hours. Ughhhh. Did a very long steep climb, the Fire Rd. Its a gravel road that never ends, base to top. It took me almost 50 minutes to hike it. Wow, Painful! I could feel the urge to quit... That tire hurt and the last hour was hard. I entered the "Death March Mode", just one foot in front of the other....get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment