Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jan 22, 2011- Week 2 End

Worked last night.... And I work again tonight
Training:
0830:

  • Hiked Green Mtn for 2 hours with a 50lb pack, Kona had a great time, not too many people out. The weather was so cool. Blowing like hell, storm moving in, snowed on us. 
  • 100 push-ups, 120 crunches, and 100 jumping jacks (At the top). 
  • Kept my solid pace throughout the hike, snacked on bannana chips and water. Then arrived back at the parking lot at the 2 hour mark.
  • 100 push-ups, 120 crunches, and 100 jumping jacks (At the bottom, in the gravel)


Thoughts:
Pic of my hiking buddy Kona, top of Green Mtn. Windy!!!!
I found two guys from last years race on facebook and have been talking to them about what to expect and their thoughts on the race. It helps ease some of the "unknown" of what challenges this race will bring. The mind screw started the day I registered. I asked the directors what gear I would need.... They responded  " All you will need is an ambulance". Cracked me up!

I meet with a trainer tomorrow that has done the Navy BUD/S coarse. So Im picking everyones minds on how to best train. My flight team has some amazing athletes, one guy just did the Iron Man. So he has been cool to talk to. I talk with The Make A Wish Foundation monday and have them set up an account to have any donations tracked.

No comments:

Post a Comment