Monday, February 7, 2011

Feb 6, 2011- Beginning of Week 6

Training:


  • Hiked for 2 hours (5 ft 40lb log, 30lb pack). 10-14 inches of snow! 1000ft elevation gain. 
  • At the top of the Mtn: Did 15 over head standing military presses with the log x 3 sets
  • Shoveled snow and did 15 minutes on the heavy bag 
 


Thoughts:

I worked last night and really didn't want to go out in the cold for some reason..... But I just started packing my gear up and I was off. This was a really beautiful day to get out. I talked to the guys at REI and tried one of their packs. They said "Go ahead, get it dirty, sweaty and if your not 100% satisfied, bring it back". Well alright then, I think I can do that.

Carrying the log was kinda fun and very "Grizzly Adams". But it definitely became challenging after the first 30 min.....No comfortable spot, balancing, and not getting smacked in the back of the head as I stepped was fun. The snow added a lot higher level of difficulty, but I just found my pace and it was pretty good. As I got to the top of the mountain there were a few hikers snowshoeing. I heard... "Hey....your the tire guy". Its fun to see the facial expressions on people as we pass. Cracks me up! Over all it was good training to carry something that was awkward and that hurt.

20 More Weeks Till Race Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment