Friday, February 18, 2011

Feb 17, 2011

Did some sleep deprived training today. Worked last night and then did a 6 hour medical class after In the morning. 3 hours of sleep over the past 36 hrs.

-Hiked 2 hours up and on top of North Table Mesa. Carried a 35lb pack and a 35lb/5ft log.
-25 push-ups on the log with pack on. 12 sets throughout the hike.


Thoughts:
The weather was beautiful and so was the hike. It was really rocky and narrow at spots. Steep, rocky and so it was good training to use my balance more. More of a climb than a slog up a trail. I also passed my truck near the end about 5 times. I had to loop the trail to get my time in. Gd mental training to not quit....especially with my truck being RIGHT THERE!!
The push-ups were tricky because the log wanted to roll, so had to balance it all and was a gd core exercise. Overall pretty fun day. My wrist was sore from falling when I was skateboarding with my kids though.... Gd times.

No comments:

Post a Comment