Monday, February 14, 2011

Feb 14, 2011 Beginning of Week 7

Morning-Weights/Core:

  • Curls 45lbs 3 sets of 10
  • Shrugs 45lbs 3 sets of 10
  • Single arm rows 45lbs 3 sets of 10
  • Double arm rows 45lbs 3 sets of 10
  • Double Arm Kettle Ball Swing 45lb 3 sets of 10
  • 120 Push-ups
  • 120 Crunches
  • 30 Pull-ups
  • 30 Burpies
  • Planks, Bilateral Planks 30 seconds x 3 sets

PM Hike:

1hr 20 min carrying 35lb backpack, 35lb log and 20lb in a 5-Gallon bucket.

Thoughts:
Did a hike in the dark tonight.... And I REALLY hope to never have to do a hike carrying all this stuff for longer than I did tonight! Wow.... I wanted to quit 10 minutes in to it. It was the pain more than the effort of carrying all the weight.  I learned how to rig a carrying strap for the log with some webbing. It helped to not have to concentrate on swapping hands for the log and the bucket at the same time. I think creativity and ingenuity will be priceless in the race. I feel pretty comfortable hiking and trail finding at night, my headlamp worked really well. This was a training session in managing pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment